Thursday, July 1, 2010

Volume Four, Number Three

Well to be honest this is an "off the top of my head" column. The past few days I have have been working on a Dracula story for Red Leaf Comics ( www.redleafcomics.com ) and a few other projects that I will talk about later and when I need a break I have been turning to Utube or however the heck you spell it.

Specifically, I have been listening to some old tunes of mine from the 70s. Now I can't recall if I have ever mentioned this before here but I am an old school punk rocker. I hung out in a punk rock bar, did the door in at a punk rock bar, met punk rockers and even dated a couple of punk rock babes. This was from 1978 to 1980. Then I met the love of my life, left the scene and then two years later left the love of my life but that's another story.

But that time I spent in "The Scene" was as much fun for me as being involved with the comics scene. Sometimes more.

One thing I definitely learned from those times was how to have fun, enjoy life and giggle. I also learned how to work my butt off to get where I wanted to be in life. I learned that from some of the best; Frankie Venom of Teenage Head, Keith Whitteker of The Demics, Scott Bently of '63 Munroe and my bestest buddy from those days; Markie Burnaway.

Markie was and is an artist. He comes from a family of musicians all of whom are talented like you would not believe. Markie had taught me a lot about life. I thought I knew it all of course but I didn't. Markie taught me how to have fun, how to work hard and how to enjoy the world around me. And he was the best darn guitar player I have ever seen live.

He was/is-I-guess as he still is alive....a good man and a great friend and pal.

Now the problem is I don't know how to get in touch with the old boy. No idea. I have tired searches upon searches upon searches. I'd like to say hi to him and thank him for what he taught me and stuff so I am asking you, my friends, to help me out.

So if anyone out there can put me in touch with Markie Burnaway aka Mark Scott from '63 Munroe it would be much appreciated.

As for what I am doing now; well, the Dracula piece that I mentioned....Seppo Makinen will be doing the art and letters....and I am working on a two issue project with Star Verse Comics plus I am working on a secret project with Shannon McCabe ( www.shannonmccabe.com ).

Plus the whole Red Lion thing, too. And other stuff. Next time out I will go into more detail and then after that I will finish up MLJ-unless the comics I am supposed to review come in-but speaking of MLJ and the whole Red Circle stuff that is being done by DC. I think it sucks myself. But hey; I am old school.

Like I said; this is just off the top of my head.

So I will let you all go now. If someone can help and get Mark in touch with me it would be much appreciated. And if you would like to know what sort of music I used to pogo to in my punk rock days if my webmaster can pull it off you will now be able to click on "New York City" by the Demics. Enjoy.


No comments: